Saturday, October 8, 2016

John McCain Unendorses Donald Trump

WASHINGTON ― Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a former Republican presidential nominee who stood by Donald Trump even after he personally attacked him for being a prisoner of war, officially revoked his endorsement of Trump’s presidential campaign on Saturday.

“I have wanted to support the candidate our party nominated,” McCain said in a 251-word statement. “He was not my choice, but as a past nominee, I thought it important I respect the fact that Donald Trump won a majority of the delegates by the rules our party set. I thought I owed his supporters that deference.”

“But Donald Trump’s behavior this week,” McCain continued, “concluding with the disclosure of his demeaning comments about women and his boasts about sexual assaults, make it impossible to continue to offer even conditional support for his candidacy.”

Full story http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57f95fc1e4b0e655eab4f273

No comments: