Friday, July 24, 2015

Republican State Senator Tom Libous guilty of corruption charges

ALBANY—Roughly 20 hours after a jury found  , forcing him to vacate his seat immediately, Governor Andrew Cuomo floated a potential successor, Barbara Fiala.

“I believe I have to call a special election,” Cuomo said on public radio's “Capitol Pressroom” on WCNY. "I already am thinking of a candidate for that district. A Democrat, Barbara Fiala ... She knows Albany, she knows Broome County, she knows the district. She would be fantastic, I think, as a candidate.”

Fiala, who was recently named chair of the Women's Equality Party created by Cuomo last year, served as Broome County Executive and commissioner of the Department of Motor Vehicles before retiring last year.

“I would do whatever I could do to elect Barbara Fiala. She would be a great representative,” Cuomo continued. “She has 100 percent integrity and 100 percent performance. Those are the two ingredients. You want good honest people and you want people who get something accomplished.”

Read the full story at:http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2015/07/8572696/cuomo-backs-fiala-libous-seat

No comments: