Friday, October 26, 2012

Senate candidate Amy Tresidder sees potential in Ogdensburg

Democratic state Senate candidate Amy M. Tresidder recognizes potential when she sees it. She said Wednesday she sees plenty of it in Ogdensburg.

“When we look at a place like Ogdensburg, we need to look at it as part of a bigger picture,” she said. “I just came from the port. When you talk to somebody like [Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority Executive Director] Wade Davis, you understand how much knowledge there is here and what can be shared among the various assets in the area, like the colleges, agricultural leaders, power producers, government leaders and public schools. We need to bring these minds together and find out where the problems lie and what the solutions are.”

Mrs. Tresidder was in Ogdensburg Wednesday to learn about the port of Ogdensburg’s operations. Her brother, Frederick S. Morrill, is OBPA’s chief financial officer and deputy executive director.

She said meeting with Mr. Davis gave her insight into the OBPA’s economic development efforts, but the port is just one component of an overall effort that can fix the city’s economy.

“I wish I had a magic wand I could pull out of my pocket and say if you elect me I can fix it all in the next two years,” she said. “I can’t do that, but I can be a facilitator. The state representative has to be a very loud and clear voice for the needs and desires of the people of this area.”  POST

No comments: