Saturday, April 9, 2011

Email from Congressman Owens on Federal Budget

Good morning,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to let you know that, last night, Congress finally compromised on a budget to avoid a government shutdown.  I am pleased that both parties were able to compromise and keep critical programs running for American families as Congress continues to work to keep government running through the rest of the fiscal year. This compromise will ensure that the troops, who risk their lives for our freedom, will not see an interruption in pay or benefits.   I look forward to next week's final funding bill and hope that it takes politics out of the discussion while moving to cut spending in a responsible way.  I will continue to fight for compromise from both parties in Washington as we move forward to pass a responsible 2012 budget that cuts spending and continues the momentum we have seen in Upstate New York to create jobs for our friends and neighbors.

If I can be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me through my website or at any one of my offices in Upstate New York or Washington.

Bill

No comments: